Wow – the last posting was written last November! Where did the seven months disappear?!!!
So much has happened since then and I vaguely remember thinking that I must post a proper update and then it would be easier to write about other things when the 'basic info' has been dealt with.
But then more and more happened and eventually this simple task of recording the changes became daunting and only now I am willing to face it.
Sad really since the last half a year or so has been absolutely incredible and it would have been nice to share it with those that ever wonder here to my pages. Now all I may offer is bullet points...... Or is that cheating? All I can say that if I embark on the journey of telling you every detail you'll be here for a very long time and in fact you will probably never return since it was such a painfull experience. Nobody of course are forced to read on, but just in case you did.
So here is the bullet point list of what has been going on in my life and to make it a little easier I have tried to illustrate every point with a picture.
* Christmas sales were incredible and I had a lovely time in Selvedge Christmas Fair.
* I got my second order from Liberty through.
* Very exciting, but a tiring month.
* I moved my studio to Cirencester to the New Brewery Arts.
What I thought would fit into max. two Volvo car fulls took at least six goes and then lots and lots of other journeys with more and more bits and bobs.
* Very stressful, but very exciting times. I meant to document it all, but now I don't even have a photo to illustrate the whole move!
* We would have hoped to find a new place to live, but failed miserably. Luckily a friend of hours let us to stay at hers whilst the search for home continued.
* The Country Living Magazine featured my little brown mouse and The Gardens Illustrated featured my Blackbirds and Mouse and the sales rocketed.
* Very confusing month, but I was getting settled in my new studio and was very busy with orders.
* I decided to take our dog in and she took upon herself to bark at every single person who came in. Very annoying.
* The search for a new home continued and we grew even more stressed out and tired, but the business was going well.
* The dog carried on her barking and I think there was a mutiny on the way against her since her barking echoed everywhere! Plus the better I knew the person, the more she barked.
* We found a new home and moved.
* The whole month seemed to whizz by with the move. How did that happen?
* I started making girl bears inspired by a new commission.
* Mirjami Design took part in the Stroud International Textile Fair and Open Studio Trail was great fun.
* The fifth Liberty order was in the making and the new summer range made from Liberty fabrics was finally done.
* Horrid cold/flu took its toll and things were falling behind.
* The Dog stop barking!!!!! I forgot how quiet Brewery Arts can be.
* I started developing new animals: fox, frog, mole, elephant etc. were forming in my mind and then on the paper followed by numerous misshapen creatures that are still in making.
* The mid summer came and went and my thoughts turned to Cxxxxxxxs (won't dare to say the word aloud...)
And now we are in July!!! So there you are, not too painful :)